Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chupacabra, the next movie icon

So I think you can agree with me when I say that vampires have over-saturated the market...I mean its beyond the marketing bucket is just overflowing with vampire tv shows, movies, books, etc...what is it about the vampire?

The vampire itself has evolved from this loathsome, vile creature

Photobucket

("Nosferatu")

to these "sex symbols"

Photobucket

("Twilight" & "True Blood")

The vampire has become an iconic staple to American society, evolving from a fearsome creature of the night to teeny boppers in Edward Cullen shirts screaming their love for fangs...

What we need....is a creature that'll stay true to its nature..that'll strike fear in the hearts of everyone and anyone who ever dare to catch a glimpse of its beady, red, killer eyes in the shade of night...

I give you...

El Chupacabra

Photobucket

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!!!!

El Chupacabra, or "goat sucker", is a fearful creature that lives off the blood of goats in Mexico and South American areas....

Photobucket

^^^ that picture is what I've heard it described as looking as, but its a fearsome creature that kills in the dead of night...

Nosferatu, one of the 1st vampire movies, was made in the 1920s I believe, aand Twilight and True Blood exist now, almost 90 years later...

Can you honestly say, in 90 years, you're gonna see a chupacabra having love affairs with 20 something yr old women and becoming a icon to american teenagers everywhere?

I rest my case.

VIVA EL CHUPACABRA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment