Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nostalgic memories #1: Fire-Breathin' Monsters

Photobucket

So after posting that Gamera tribute drawing, I decided to use the Godly Google and found the movie poster that I was talking about! Whoo!

GAMERA VS GUIRON

During the 60s both Godzilla & Gamera (from what I remember from watching EVERY Godzilla movie made at that time..and this Gamera movie, haha) seemingly put on super hero capes and were the heroes for a good duration...Iiii'm still not too sure on Gamera and whether or not his history is like Godzilla's, but Godzilla def went from bad guy to good guy to bad guy to good guy....mmm vigilante is probably better in describing him yes?

Anywho, this is the one movie of Gamera that I own (still around somewhere) and it was AWESOME, haha, or at least was when I was little...I bet you I still will get all giddy watching it.

Basically 2 kids get kidnapped by these two sexy "alien" asian women who feed them food and make them comfortable, only for them to discover once they are off OFF earth and on the aliens' home planet that the true purpose of their kidnapping was for these aliens to eat their brains...like a really whacked out pedophile plot isn't it?

Gamera goes to the planet and fights the aliens "guard dog" , Guiron, this 120 some odd foot knife headed monster-dog thing...After a struggle Gamera wins and saves the day and the kids hitch a ride back to Earth while a chorus of asian kids sing about Gamera..if you ever can get your hands on this, I def recommend it..

What happened to those days of kids loving giant monsters eh? I guess they still have monsters right? Pokemon, Digimon...mini monsters but juust not the same, def not the glamour and fame that these two behemoths received back in their day...

I actually have a "Godzilla Compendium" that my mom got for me waaaay back and in it are the descriptions for all the Godzilla movies maaade up to '96 i think along with drawings and all the info a G-fan could want...still one of the best gifts I've ever gotten..

Def some treasured memories there, just gotta sit tight until the "Big Monster" Revival!!! Some day it'll happen ;)

Photobucket

<--- one of my favorite Godzilla movies

No comments:

Post a Comment